I did my homework when it came to using Essential Oils. Most oils say DO NOT INGEST! Some even claim to be pure but are actually “100% purely synthetic”. If I was going to actually ingest an oil, or use it on myself or my family, I wanted to know what, where, and how these oils were being distilled and manufactured.
1. The first deciding factor for me was THE SEED TO SEAL Process that Young Living Uses.
Through their commitment to quality, I know that every bottle has been monitored closely from the heirloom seed until the moment it was shipped to me.
2. Industry Experience – Young Living has been in business for over 20 years and their quality and standards are comparable to none!
3. Scientific Advisory Council – The councils is made up of MDs, PhDs, surgeons, anesthesiologists, internists, oncologists, psychiatrists, and more. Each member of the council is passionate about discovering new benefits and applications of essential oils and is on the cutting edge of the latest therapeutic methods.
4. Young Living owns their own farms! No other oil company can claim this.
5. Independent Laboratory Testing and Audits –
The Lab is equipped with the most sophisticated testing equipment available. These high-tech instruments include a gas chromatograph and a gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer (GC/MS), which break down components of the oil, identify purity and strength, and recognize any possible contaminants. An ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) instrument is used to test the occurrence of vitamins and other critical components in Young Living’s dietary and personal-care products. This process further verifies the ingredients listed on every label of the products Young Living offers.
The lab, which has recently doubled its staff, employs PhDs, chemists, scientists, and microbiologists with decades of experience in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical fields. The lab is an integral part of Young Living’s Seed to Seal® process, which ensures that every step of essential oil production is closely controlled—from the seeds sown to harvesting, testing, and bottling.
“We test everything that comes through Young Living—from raw materials to all finished goods and even the packaging to ensure optimal quality,” said Marian Curtis, Young Living’s director of quality and process optimization. “In addition, we utilize third-party audits to verify that purity and potency standards are consistently met and surpassed.”